Pioneers of sustainable fishing
Welcome to Fishing for the Truth, a website dedicated to providing factual information on Scottish fisheries and the important role they play in supplying sustainably caught Scottish seafood that is renowned around the world for its quality.
Scottish fishermen have become increasingly concerned about the amount of misinformation that is currently being peddled in the public domain about our fisheries. Fishing for the Truth is a factual resource designed to inform about the true state of our stocks and the various sustainability measures that have been adopted by the Scottish fleet in recent years.
Did you know, for example, that in 2012 Scottish fishermen closed an incredible 40,000 square miles of sea to protect spots of cod abundance!
As you will see by browsing through our pages, Scottish fisheries are amongst the most sustainable in the world with the majority of assessed stocks undergoing recovery. Scottish fishermen have pioneered a whole range of conservation measures in recent years to conserve stocks and the results are for all to see. Our underlying message is to eat more Scottish seafood, it is, after all, the best in the world!
- New evidence sinks cod quota-cuts case
- Scottish fishermen – trail-blazers in sustainable fishing
- New video showcasing industry initiatives to improve our knowledge of scallop science
- EC catch proposals underline need for sensible balance of catch measures
- Scottish Fishermen’s Federation hosts Ministerial visit to north-east of Scotland
- EU and Scots fishermen to meet EU Fisheries Commissioner to highlight need for a fair deal on mackerel